Wednesday, December 15, 2010

First Session

This is almost embarrassing for me as I'm putting this up in a retrospect; I'm not happy at all with the eyes, which I drew twice and got caught in a very typical flaw of mine; I notice a detail and then emphasize it so much that I make it stand out unnaturally.

The biggest issue I had is the colouring, I used two different approaches; one where I tried to draw with colours and one where I tried making it in gray-scale. In the gray-scale version I tried to copy how I draw with a pencil, which is much harder than I thought it would be. Making the eyes lineless is harder than I thought and I'm a bit lost in the process of how or where to remove the sketch lines. Why I discarded the first pair I am a bit puzzled by when I compare them to each other since the first pair looks sooo much better that the second pair. But the reason I wasn't happy with them is because they are "too small" to fit the images in the eyes and I wasn't happy with with the realism; still looks to cartoonish and not lineless. I am comparing myself to Eastern Magic at the forum, she just draw such beautiful eyes! And it really triggers me to want to be able to draw/paint as nicely as she does. Maybe I need to start using Painter too? (but really, I think it's just a matter of pure awesome skills).

Regardless: I'm not happy with the eyes and I am gonna redraw them. Need to practice on eyes more first.

After giving up on the (embarrassingly) ugly eyes with about the skill level I had as a 12 year old, I started on the Dwayna lineart, and I've decided to draw her in a semi realistic comical style, because it'll suite better when the image is small (which it will be inside the eyes). I love hippy women, and I find that the Dwayna mesh has pretty nice hips, so I intentionally mad them a bit hippy, and it does appear more obvious with the pose of her upper body being slightly tilted backwards.

For some reason I find that Dwayna's face looks a bit like my older sister beautified. The body type is nowhere near resembling each other though.

I'm gonna colour it later and also make the package/gift that she's gonna "hold" floating in her hands. But first; practice drawing Grenth and make new eyes.

I'm jumping a bit in between the different parts of drawing, but I feel that I need to do that while I'm processing how to make the other things better.

No comments:

Post a Comment